Student Resources - Other

A very useful link

After going through a number of web sites we have found the following web site to be very informative and useful: .This site is, practically, an one-stop-destination for education information in India and here you will find very useful links relating to IIMs in India, Study in India, Career Courses, Entrance Exam Dates, Top Educational Institutes, Universities in India, Schools & Colleges in India, City Colleges, B. Ed Colleges in India, Polytechnics in India, Scholarships in India, International Fellowships, Education Loans, Coaching Centres in India, GRE, Competitive Examinations, Career Avenues, Educational Jobs in India, Online Foreign Language Tutorials, Sponsored Pages and Gateway 2 UK Admissions.

Education Loans

Educational loans are available from various banks in India. The eligibility criteria for bank education loan, generally, are of the same pattern. The students seeking education loans must be an Indian national and an applicant is considered eligible for the loan if he gets admission to professional or technical course in India or abroad through an entrance exam or a merit-based selection procedure. The students, again, generally, get loans for the following courses:
In India:- (1) Bachelor Degree courses like B.COM, B.A, B. Sc and others (2) Master Degree courses and PhD programs (3) Professional courses like Management, Engineering, Law, Computer, Agriculture, Dental, Medical, Veterinary and others (4) Certificate courses in Computer offered by reputed institutes which are accredited to the Department of electronics or institutions certified by a university (5) Other courses like CA, ICWA and CFA (6) Programs which are conducted by the reputed institutions like IIT, XLRI, IIM, NIFT, IISc (7) Regular diploma and degree courses like pilot training, Aeronautical, shipping and others. The courses offered should be approved by the Director General of Civil Shipping or Aviation. (8) Courses that are conducted by the renowned foreign universities (9) Evening courses which are conducted by the approved institutes (10) Various diploma and degree courses conducted by various colleges and universities approved by Govt., ICMR, UGC, AIBMS, AICTE and others.

Education Abroad:- (1) Bachelor's Degree-Professional and technical courses which are offered by various reputed universities (2) Master's Degree-MS, MBA, MCA and others (3) Programs offered by CPA in USA and CIMA in London (4) Various regular diploma and degree courses in pilot training, aeronautics or shipping approved or recognized by the competent local shipping or aviation authority.
Loan Amount:- As per RBI guidelines no collateral is needed for a loan up to Rs. 4 lakh. The maximum amount given as loan for studies in India, generally, is Rs. 10 lakhs whereas Rs. 20 lakhs is the maximum amount given for studies abroad. The expenses that are considered for bank loan are (1) The fees to be paid for colleges, hostel charges, examination fees, and laboratory and library fees (2) Expenses for purchasing all the articles necessary for completion of the courses (3) Travel expenses and money needed for purchasing computers (4) Other payments like building fund, refundable deposit and caution money.

Now, here are some words of caution. The above information are only general guidelines and to get more specific information visit your bank and ask for the amount of loan your bank will be offering and the terms and conditions it will be imposing. Please, always,read the the fine print. You can also visit the web sites of the following banks for getting details:-
Allahabad Bank
Andhra Bank
Bank of Baroda
Bank of India
Canara Bank
Central Bank of India
Dena Bank
Indian Bank
Indian Overseas Bank
Karnataka Bank Ltd
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Punjab and Sind Bank
Punjab National Bank
State Bank of India
Syndicate Bank
UCO Bank
United Bank of India
Vijaya Bank

Going to USA?
If your destination is USA for studies here are some excellent tips compiled by an Indian student in the USA to help those who are going or planning to study/work in the United States.